What is Dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is a pain-free and safe procedure with no adverse side effect, eliminating dead skin cells and minor surface imperfections. It is ridding the skin of the fine "vellus" hair and gently exfoliates the outer layer of dead skin cells. there is no down time and the results are immediate with smoother skin texture, glowing appearance and a fresh, healthier, more youthful look.
Is it better then waxing?
- Yes, it removes the hair but is significantly less stressful to the skin. Unlike waxing, dermaplaning provides less risk of breakouts. Waxing can potentially leave hyperpigmentation over the years and dermaplaning does not leave any discoloration.
How long can I receive a facial after having Dermaplaning?
- It’s recommended that you receive a facial immediately follow your dermaplaning. Since all the dead cells have been removed, it’s a perfect time to soak up the benefits of your facial treatment!
Does it hurt?
- Not at all, it’s actually quite relaxing
Is it good for every skin type?
Who CANNOT receive Dermaplane?
- Active Acne, especially cystic acne.
- Active infection of any type such as herpes simplex or flat warts.
- Any recent chemical peel procedures within the last two weeks.
- Anyone receiving radiation and chemo of the face
- Dark, thick facial hair (men)
- Anyone healing a Sunburn.